Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Christmas tea set to cross-stitch ... someday!

Christmas has been on my mind all this week because the magazine I work for is finishing our Christmas issue. I've been baking treats, digging out Christmas decorations, and humming "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." It also reminded me I meant to share a cross-stitch chart I recently found online from a U.K. firm, Celtic Rose Needlecraft (celticroseneedlecraft.com). Isn't this pretty? It doesn't say who the designer is, but it sure looks like Sandy Lynam Clough's work to me.

I have yet to take the first stab with a needle (I've had some other projects on the front burner!), but when I opened the chart I realized this will be quite an ambitious needlecraft project for me.

The chart itself is printed across eight pages, and here are the first four. What was I thinking? Oh well, maybe I'll start on it before *next* Christmas rolls around. You know, next September. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, Yes it does look like Sandy's work. It is just lovely. I used to do counted cross stitch and know how time consuming (but satidying) it is. Took me 6 months totalled to do a Christmas stocking and I have done 8 of them.
    Start this in January and you won't feel pressured to get it done in time. (and enjoy a nice cup of tea as you stitch).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty piece! That would be a lovely one to complete and display -- but I know exactly what you mean about it being too...ambitious! Maybe you can just prop up the package and enjoy looking at that?! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree as well...it looks like something I've seen in one of her books. Love it! I'll check out their website. Trying to finish a fishing themed cross stitch for my son....THEN...
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's so lovely! It would probably take me months to complete but it would be a wonderful project. EnjoyY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be gorgeous when it's finished. You are a busy lady, butI know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Good Luck with that!! I love needlework and that will be beautiful! Whip me up one while you are at it;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy has some boxed Christmas cards
    with that design here
    http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=037803

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an embroidery I started maybe 15 years ago and still isn't finished. This one is very pretty, but I would pass it by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!