Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Welcoming spring with Welbeck tea wares


Since my husband's birthday is March 21, he is rather annoyed that the first day of spring was March 19 this year instead of on his birthday as it often is. Actually, he didn't quite acknowledge yesterday as the first day of spring, but I did, because I like for spring to arrive as soon as possible. Also, it's the day I first pull out my Welbeck chintz tea wares each year! This spring, I've added a vintage Easter tablecloth from a local antique mall, so it's quite sunny-looking in my little dining room.


I will always love chintz teacups, and I can't imagine a more appropriate pattern for spring than this cheerful yellow one from Royal Winton!


For springtime sipping, I'm enjoying more of my jasmine tea samples recently shared by iTeaworld.com, and yesterday's sample was their Jasmine Mao Jian, a tea scented with jasmine five times. I love that this tea steeps in just ten to twenty seconds, and since it can be steeped three or four times, I really feel that I'm getting good use out of each tea bag. Also, I find that the tea gets even smoother-tasting with subsequent steepings, and as a jasmine tea lover, I very much appreciate that quality! You can learn more about this tea here. Happy Spring!

4 comments:

  1. That teacup looks so pretty on your cheerful tablecloth. Happy spring and happy almost birthday to Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tablecloth really is a perfect match to that teacup! Happy birthday to your husband Alex, from a fellow Aries ram. I agree with him that TODAY is the first day of Spring this year, since Spring didn't officially arrive until 11:06 p.m. last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Alex. I hope he has a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Welbeck. I bought the tea pot, 4 sets of cups and saucers and square plates when (I think it was Victoria magazine) offered them in 1995. I later bought a breakfast set. I enjoy having a few other sets of chintz too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!