Friday, March 22, 2024

Recommended Reading: Magnolia & Moonshine


Scrolling through Instagram's lovely photos is one of my nightly pleasures, and I see lots of tea wares, cake-decorating videos, and flowers in my Instagram feed. The other night, I saw a post about what sounded like an intriguing new Southern magazine, Magnolia & Moonshine, so when I saw a copy at Barnes & Noble this week, I had to give it a read, especially with all those gorgeous dahlias on the cover!


The photography throughout is great, and I loved this article about a family that celebrates both a Christian and Greek Orthodox Easter.


I might have been a wee bit influenced by all of their glorious Herend porcelain!


Baking stories always catch my eye, and I enjoyed reading about San Antonio baker Adesuwa Elaiho, “the first student to complete all three culinary degrees offered at Le Cordon Bleu.” And I love the clever photo of her flicking flour at the camera!


Finally, I grew curious about Marshallville, Georgia, after getting a peek at some of Turner's Antiques in this photo, and I'm glad the magazine brought it to my attention. I later learned that Magnolia & Moonshine has been published for about two years now, and I’m a little surprised I’d never heard of it before. As a former city magazine editor myself, I am especially fond of magazines, and I certainly like to track down new ones. Anyone else got a new magazine to recommend?

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy learning about new magazines from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos of the Herend egg cups! (Egg cups are a favorite of mine.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!