Monday, March 18, 2024

The So-Ugly-It's-Cute Tea Mug


Do you remember macramé? And do you remember when macramé started coming back a couple of years ago? I wasn't wild about the craft the first time, and I wasn't any more enamored of it the second time around. That's how I feel about today's mushroom trend too. No offense if you're a fan, but you can have ALL the mushroom art that's out there. That said, can you believe I just bought a new tea mug with dried flowers in it?


Are you diggin' it?


I'm laughing at myself here, because I was so tickled by this $4.99 T. J. Maxx find over the weekend that I had to have it. Plus, I awarded points for the company noting that it's "great for coffee & tea"! Funny thing, too, is that while it clearly says it's glass, I schlepped this thing all over T. J. Maxx while I shopped, assuming by its super light weight that it was plastic. When I got home, I discovered the clerk had wrapped it in paper and thought, "Well, bless her heart. She thought she was wrapping glass." Only when I took the tag off did I realize that yikes, it IS glass!


But I like the large size, the light weight, and even the groovy dried flowers. It feels very much like a Tervis mug with a handle.


I had apparently moved on to the decade of the eighties when I discovered these cute paper napkins in the shape of a bunny. I was immediately attracted to the rose design and knew I wanted these not for dining but for crafting, as paper napkins are great for decoupaging. And who made these? They're bound to be Shabby Chic, right?


Nope, but close—Laura Ashley! So I got a 1970s mug and a 1980s pack of napkins. I'm still not sold on all of that seventies decor that seems to be having a moment, though. Is there anything coming back in style that makes YOU scratch your head? I'd love to know!

6 comments:

  1. I love the napkins! Mushrooms and macrame I can do without, along with the gnomes that are everywhere. I don’t hate them, but I just don’t find them appealing. Anyway, your mug is kind of fun and I like the size - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those napkins! The mug is not a big like, but, is pretty. The dried flowers remind me of some from the 50’s! Always fun to get some new things. I definitely do not want to e perimeter the uncomfortable furniture from the mid century design era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those Laura Ashley bunny napkins, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mug is particular pretty with tea in it. The flowers just make is extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The napkins are cute! I like the mug too. Reminds me of the resin bracelets that were popular a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura Ashley is celebrating a big anniversary this year! You'll see a lot of their product around

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!