Friday, March 8, 2024

A surprise on Antiques Roadshow


I had not watched Antiques Roadshow in years, but the other night, I was looking for something to watch on Amazon Prime, just some nice background noise while I surfed Instagram or something. I saw that the new season of Antiques Roadshow was up, and Season 17, Episode 1 featured finds from Corpus Christi, Texas.


Learning about any antique object or artwork is interesting to me, but I was delighted to see a teapot appear on screen (this is a screen grab from my computer). According to this lady's aunt, the teapot was brought to Holland by the Dutch East India Company and was said to be a forerunner of the Delft Blue wares that are so popular today.


The expert sounded like he was about to burst her bubble when he said that "unfortunately," the teapot wasn't that rare, but he estimated that it was 300 years old and would bring at least $800-$1,200 at auction. So if I see one of these at the thrift store, just you try to beat me to it. Ha! (And now I'm hooked on Antiques Roadshow again. Check your local PBS listings if you don't get it via other channels, because these are definitely our kind of people!)

5 comments:

  1. Not a bad price for a teapot that isn’t rare! I enjoy Antiques Roadshow and am glad there is a new season to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Antiques Roadshow, but I really should check it out. That looks like a very interesting teapot! It looks very small. I haven't seen a teapot with chains like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched Antiques Roadshow in years. Nice to see a teapot featured

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch Antiques Roadshow every day when I’m on the Treadmill or the Stationery Bike. DeeDee Clark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the teapot. What a treat for that lady to have it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!