Monday, January 10, 2022

Roses in winter


Winter is officially here, because it's turned cold, wet, and gray, which has me looking for loveliness and candlelight to dispel the gloom. Thrift stores so far in 2022 have been good spots for finding new rose-patterned tea wares, and these are some of the fun thrifted finds I found during this first week of the new year. (I've been buying goodies for my annual Valentine's Week giveaways as well, so don't miss them this year!)


The rose-strewn Japanese teapot, with a sticker on bottom that says Nasco, doesn't appear to have ever been used. I wasn't looking for a teapot, but it was just $1.99, and since I occasionally loan out my teapots to friends who want to borrow them for a tea, I realized this would be a happy loaner. 


This chintz saucer? Well, I couldn't resist a Clarence Bone China saucer that was 89 cents. Besides, it matches a tea trio I've got somewhere around here, and this will make a nice "spare" for that set.



Finally, on Saturday, the Goodwill in Rome, Georgia, turned up this rosy 99-cent tea trivet. I'd been wondering where to store all the tea trivets I've collected, and then an idea struck me: Why not just go ahead and put each one underneath a matching teapot? Problem solved.

So what's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

6 comments:

  1. Beauties! You know you have me wanting to go thrifting today, right? Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is cold up here and yesterday was messy - wet, cold, and windy. But that's January. I love all the rose things you found. You couldn't leave that teapot there, for sure! I'm glad you've had some thrifting success these chilly winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roses in winter--whether they be real ones or painted ones on china--are always welcome. We still had roses blooming outdoors a week ago, but since then we've had more than 7 inches of snow and some very cold temperatures along with wind and rain, so I'm guessing those roses have been stripped of their petals. But the snowdrops and Lenten roses are blooming, so Spring really IS coming! After gray skies and rain all day yesterday, it's bright and sunny today, and most of the snow has been washed away. But it's only 32 degrees and windy right now, so I think I'll wait a while before I go for a walk to check on the roses in the Bishop's Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Northeast Iowa where it's sunny today even though the temperature is only in the "teens". Would love to shop in YOUR thrift stores as the ones around here seldom have anything at all that says "tea".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and great deals. My weather is probably pretty similar to yours. Good soup weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The roses are all beautiful! They would make anyone happy in winter just to have teatime with roses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!