Wednesday, January 5, 2022

A tea-themed shopping alert …


Let's see a show of hands: How many of you took typing in high school? Yes, you, you, and I see you, there in the back. Very good. So I am going to assume that like me, you learned to type this sentence: "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." (Yes, we still said "men" in those unenlightened days.) Well, I have another sentence for you: "Now is the time for all good tea-loving women to check out the sale racks at Talbots." What's in this shoebox, you ask?


Why, it's the amazingly cute shoes that Alex got me for Christmas thanks to a well-placed hint. Are these not the cutest shoes EVER?


One has a teapot!


And one has a teacup!


Have I worn them yet? No. They fit beautifully, but I need to wear them somewhere special, and I haven't been anywhere special yet in 2022. But Lord willing, I will. They're called the "Ryan Novelty" flats), and though they were $129 originally, they were reduced to $55 by the time I ordered them for Alex to surprise me with at Christmas. In addition to the shoes, the most recent Talbots offerings included quite a few tea-themed items, among them a sweater, a blouse, and a scarf (the scarf is now sold out online, but I'm going to look for it next time I'm near a Talbots store). So if any of these items are shouting to you as well, I'm happy to inform you that Talbots is having a 60-percent off sale, so now is a good time to head on over. Happy shopping!

13 comments:

  1. Those shoes are darling, and I'm so glad you got a pair of them. Hope you can find the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to get the shoes! They don’t have my size. It looks like the scarf is back in stock today! Very strange!! I guess it is in stock when the price is high. HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered the shoes too, but haven't worn them yet. Gotta love Talbots for taking good care of tea lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect pair! Shoes, and you + Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are extremely cute shoes! But you'd better wear them around the house a bit first, before you wear them to an event, so you don't get any surprise blisters! (I know, I've been there.)
    Yes, I DID take typing class in high school, and we used manual typewriters. Knowing how to type was a huge help in college. I even still have a manual typewriter, but the keys have the Russian alphabet. (It was my parent's gift to me when I got my BA, and I did use it in graduate school, and I'm still very fond of it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shoes! I was explaining typing class to my boys. They thought it was crazy the letters were whited out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger, that is hilarious! So glad you're telling them about "the olden days." (Ha!)

      Delete
  7. I adore those darling shoes! I'm rushing to their site now, thank you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ordered the shoes, shirt and scarf. Thank you for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! The only problem is, none of us here can meet up for tea because we'll be wearing the same outfit--ha!

      Delete
  9. So cute! I think I would carry those shoes in my bag and put them on when I was inside. I wouldn't want them to get dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! Every time I've thought of wearing them so far, it's been raining. They're definitely tearoom-special kind of shoes, so I like the idea of pampering them. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!