Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Cocoa Mint Chill from Tiesta Tea


Any of the rest of you put on a few "pandemic pounds" over the last two years? Alas, I've regained some of the weight I'd worked so hard to lose, so I started the year by challenging myself to go a month without eating sugary treats, my big weakness. I'm perfectly fine with skipping dinner if I can have a fudge brownie or a Snickers Bar, so this has not been easy. I was looking online for a sweet-ish tea, and I found this Cocoa Mint Chill chocolate peppermint blend from Teaista Tea and placed an order. It couldn't get here fast enough!


This blend contains rooibos tea, peppermint, cocoa shell, cocoa nibs, natural flavors, and cornflowers. When I popped open the tin, I got a nice whiff of chocolate and peppermint, just as I'd hoped.


And it was so good! I find rooibos blends to be some of the sweetest, most dessert-like teas out there, and that was definitely the case with this one. I still want a fudge brownie, but I've almost made it to the halfway point of the month, so I'm trying to do that form-a-new-habit-in-21-days thing by refraining for another couple of weeks. What's your best trick (if you have one) for avoiding sweets?

7 comments:

  1. I don't have a good trick, but this tea sounds like the place to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do the same. Then I tell myself I like to bake and end up baking a cake. Ugh! I don't have any tricks, but have also gained during this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, I have found eating pineapple chunks in their own juice satisfies my sweet tooth! Who knew? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of Stash Christmas in Paris tea. Are you opposed to “fake” sugar? King Arthur flour makes one that tastes and bakes like real sugar. Amazon has it on sale frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not opposed, so this may be something I should look into. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you liked that dessert tea--it looks very pretty, too. I've found that if I don't eat ANY sweets, then I want them even more. So I do have a small sweet treat every day, and that keeps me from bingeing, which I would do if I told myself that I could NOT have any sugar. I just don't eat cheap, junky sweets. If I buy any cookies, they're very nice European ones, so they are an elegant luxury and I don't pig out on them. I prefer to bake the treats myself, and then freeze them and have one cupcake or whatever a day. I have managed to not gain any pandemic pounds by following this method.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I could see that enjoying "nicer" sweets would be worth holding out for. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!