Wednesday, September 29, 2021

The infuser that almost got away …

 

My recent acquisition of this particular tea infuser ball is a little complicated. You see, I'd been going back and forth to the ENT in Jonesboro for most of this year to try to resolve a chronic ear infection. I think it's *finally* resolved (hallelujah!), but it's been a challenging year on the medical front, to say the least. One day on the way home, I spotted a St. Vincent De Paul thrift store nearby, and I stopped in and bought a few things. I saw this gorgeous infuser ball but told myself no, I didn't need it. On the way home, though, I couldn't help recalling that it was very possibly the prettiest infuser ball I had ever seen, and it was just $3.29, so why on earth didn't I live a little and get it? (Have you ever done that?)

On my next visit to the ear doc (there have been sooo many this year), I stopped by the thrift store to go ahead and get the infuser, but even though it was well after 10 a.m., and the store supposedly opens at 10 a.m., the store was closed and dark inside. I could see through the window that the infuser was still in the glass case up front, but I had stuff to do and an ear problem to tend to, so I went home.

On my next visit, I was at the doc later in the day, and guess what? I stopped by St. Vinny's, and the infuser was still there. By that point, I'd spent more than $3 of my time worrying about the thing, so I got it along with some other goodies I'll share another day. It's missing what I imagine was a plain old steel infuser ball on the inside, but I've got several of those in my craft supplies (they're in the midst of becoming Christmas ornaments), and it won't be hard to find another. Hopefully, I told myself, I'll think of the beauty of the roses and eventually forget all about those many, many trips to Kaiser Permanente this year.

Then I got home and looked at the back stamp! Ha! At least I have a charming new (and vintage) infuser ball, right?





8 comments:

  1. That is lovely, and I'm glad you were finally able to "re-connect" with it and bring it home. I hope your ear infection issue is truly cleared up now and this will be a reminder of the good that came out of all those trips to the ear doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found one like this on eBay. It was $20.00, with $4.53 shipping. You found a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got your pretty infuser after all! I have a similar one, also made by Kaiser, but mine has violets on it. I love violets, so I couldn't resist it when I saw it on Etsy lst year. The part that yours is missing is NOT a steel infuser ball, but a PORCELAIN infuser that screws onto the top part that you have. I'm guessing that maybe the original owner dropped that part and broke it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well, that’s a surprise! Now I’m headed to eBay to hunt a replacement part. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Glad your ear is better. The infuser is the prettiest one I’ve seen. Glad it waited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this story! That's the way life goes, so glad you captured your prize in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!