Friday, September 17, 2021

Sampling some longed-for ice cream

 


Finally, FINALLY, I happened to be in downtown Newnan at the right time of day and was able to visit the much-lauded Rock Salt Milk Bar, a new ice cream place that opened several years ago. Since they're an ice cream place, they're open mostly in the afternoons and evenings, and I never got the timing right before, but a group I'm volunteering with had a meeting downtown the other day, and at four o'clock, as I was headed home, I noticed there was an open parking space across the street from the shop. Clearly, this was a sign!


Why was I longing to visit this ice cream place, you ask? Well, because one of their flavors I'd heard about was the Blackberry Earl Grey, and this nice young man, Aidyn, scooped some of it up for me this week! And I'm happy to say it was worth the wait. The creamy treat had a hint of Earl Grey and a pleasantly fruity blackberry taste. It was just what I was hoping for, and their waffle cone was one of the best I've ever had. (If I can't have a waffle cone, let's not bother with a cone. I don't like the ones that taste like glorified rice cakes.) So if you're not in Newnan, well, I'll have another of these ice creams on your behalf sometime. But if you are a local and haven't sampled this ice cream, I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That sure sounds like a wonderful ice-cream cone! I'm glad you finally got to try it, and that it lived up to your expectations. If I am ever in Newnan, I'll definitely try it. But in the meantime, do have another one in my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that sounds (and looks) delicious! I'm glad you finally got to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds like a good flavor. I agree with you about cones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!