Friday, September 10, 2021

Some delightful new reading


Last weekend, I whiled away a completely lovely couple of hours perusing the latest issue of a new favorite magazine, My French Country Home. The July/August issue, which I imagine is still on some newsstands since it comes from afar, had lots of great features, but what I liked most was that unlike American magazines these days, it doesn't appear to have an agenda. Unlike so many of the other magazines I've read lately, this one didn't seem on a mission to promote this or that cause, agenda, or concern. And when I finished reading the magazine, I realized how utterly delightful it was to forget all the issues of the day and just look at pretty photos of homes, gardens, and decor. It was so refreshing!


This photo of a teacup caught my eye, and I loved learning that a California woman visited Paris and learned to enjoy a teatime ritual between 2 and 4 p.m. each day, a ritual she continues to enjoy—with Mariage Frères teas from France, not surprisingly.


I also look for macarons in any articles I read about France, and I found some here, on one of the prettiest tole trays I have ever laid eyes on. (If anyone knows of an online source for French antique tole trays, I'm all ears.)


And to my delight, there is a tiny town in France known as the Chocolate Box Village, and it is fondly known as…


 "the town of a thousand rose bushes," drawing crowds in the spring when the roses are in full bloom. If this magazine sounds like your cup of tea, too, please give it a look! (I got mine at Barnes & Noble.)

2 comments:

  1. Yum, those macarons look delicious! It must be time for my afternoon tea (which unfortunately doesn't include macarons today). That does look like a soothing magazine--I really love those photos of the climbing rose bushes in that charming French town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband bought me a subscription to this magazine for my birthday in March. I am in love with it. It is such a lovely escape. I have read Sharon Santoni's blog for years, but it is a joy to now also read her magazine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!