Friday, October 30, 2020

How to use a not-so-great tea …


We've all done it: bought a tea that disappoints. Fortunately, my most recent disappointment, the Apple & Cranberry flavor of Tevive from Dollar Tree (don't judge) didn't set me back very much. And it didn't taste bad at all, it just didn't taste like apple or cranberry but rather like a regular old tea bag tea. My options are a) give it to my husband (plain tea is fine with him) b) use the tea for dying old linens (always a good option) and c) save the tea bags for an art project since so many folks are making tea bag art these days.


I had hoped this tea would be as good as the Blueberry & Honey flavor I found at Dollar Tree, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but alas, it was not.


And it's a pity, because I love having individual tea bags to tuck into cards. Oh well! But my other favorite way to salvage a plain-old tea is to simply drop a peppermint candy into the cup. It sweetens and flavors the tea all at once, and voila, you have your very own blended tea. (And a save!)

6 comments:

  1. LOL. You and your mint tea.

    Chocolate and mint teas - bleh!

    Me? I'd tear it apart and sprinkle it under my hydrangea. All spend (pure) brewed tea and coffees get watered down and poured under my hydrangeas, too. They love the acid.

    But for a mint tea lover, a candy would do the trick for sure! Clever. Yuck for me, but really clever!

    Have a fabulous weekend. Blue Moon tomorrow, so special, and on Halloween! Our horrible cold rain finally went away and the sun is shining. It is a glorious Autumn day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I knew about roses liking tea, but I did not know that about hydrangeas. I will have to give that a try. (Right after I finish this cup of … wait for it … mint tea that I am sitting here drinking! Ha!)

      Delete
  2. I love mint tea, I need to try adding a peppermint to plain tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea about adding the peppermint candy to improve the flavor of that tea!
    Since I always have jam in my refrigerator, I'll add a spoonful to improve a "blah" tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll add a sprig of fresh mint to tea I don’t really like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing the teabag art thing these days.
    Recently I received some tea in the mail and there was a lovely little paper with a list of things to do with your used tea or tea you didn't want to use. I thought I was clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!