Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Who's ready for Christmas?

I was so happy to find the November/December issue of Tea Time at Books A Million when I stopped by the other day. Like a lot of people, I'm already looking forward to Christmas 2020 ("We need a little Christmas," to say the least), and one friend said on Facebook that she's putting up her decorations on November 1. This year, I salute her for that!

Once again, Tea Time is featuring a silver pattern that's new to me. This time, it's this Schofield Baltimore Rose teapot, which I think is possibly the most gorgeous silver teapot I've ever seen. (I know some of y'all are rushing to look online so you can surprise me with it for Christmas, but really, don't. The $8,499 price tag for the tea set seems a wee bit steep.) 


If anyone would like to stop by and practice social distancing while dropping off some of these elegant raspberry tartlets, however, I won't object at all.


And check out this Christmas-tree-shaped cherry Danish. Is that not adorable? It's made with puff pastry and is actually a recipe I'm likely to attempt to make, so this was fun to see.

When will you decorate for Christmas this year? Have you even thought about it? I'm thinking about decorating the week of Thanksgiving, which would be early for me, so we'll see!







5 comments:

  1. Oh, that teapot is beautiful, and would go so nicely with my grandmother's sterling flatware (Repousse'). However, at that price, I'll just admire the picture! I have seen a similar Christmas tree shape made with crescent rolls, but I like the puff pastry idea too. Do share pictures if you make one, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy lemon and raspberries. Just let me know when tea and treats are being served! Hoping to decorate soon. Moving closer to family so unpacking before decorating our tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have definitely been enjoying my copy of that issue of Tea Time Magazine! That extremely ornate silver teapot is too over-the-top for me, though. So I hope Santa doesn't bring me one this year. I don't think I'll put up any Christmas decorations until December--I'm enjoying my Fall decorations too much to take them down until November is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am ready to celebrate and read about Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!