Friday, January 24, 2020

Spiced Ruby Cider Herbal Tea

A friend who travels a lot was apparently thinking of me when she visited the Spice and Tea Exchange in St. Augustine, Florida, before Christmas, as she gifted me with several new teas from there, including this Spiced Ruby Cider Herbal Tea.

I was at a local coffee shop this week and was in the mood to order hot apple cider rather than more tea, which I've been consuming in copious quantities since it's been so cold and rainy here in Georgia lately. I enjoyed it so much, I decided it was time to try this cider-flavored herbal tea with the ingredients of the traditional mulling mix, hibiscus, and apple pieces.

It gave me that rich cider flavor I was hoping for, and only after I'd tried it straight from the bag did I follow their instructions to steep some in hot apple juice. Ah, even better! And now I'm wondering why I haven't ever thought of steeping some of my spicy teas in juice before now. If you've tried this tea-and-juice combo and have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

  1. I have not tried that, but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea with hibiscus in it, since it makes it such a pretty red color. I haven't tried steeping a tea bag in just hot juice or cider, but I HAVE steeped a nice spicy tea bag in hot red wine with a bit of juice added, and that makes a nice cozy drink similar to the German "Gluhwein," which is a delicious warming drink especially popular at outdoor Christmas markets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the teas from the Spice and Tea Exchange. If you are ever near one, stop in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had some cranberry juice in my fridge, and I am currently drinking hot cranberry juice with the same tea mixture pictured here. It’s the first time I’ve used this tea. It’s probably more tangy than apple cider would be, but it’s good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!