Thursday, June 4, 2015

Teacup collecting

As you can see, I'm still working on getting the perfect shot of teacups, and I still don't have it, but I think I'm closer than I was a few weeks ago!

I don't quite have enough to fill up my small dining room table. The 56 I assembled here are almost all of the bone china teacups I have, with a few that are earthenware but look like china.

I decided I didn't want any repetition, so if a teacup is part of a set, I used only one teacup for my photo.

My husband looked a little nervous when he came downstairs and saw the dining table looking like this.

I told him not to worry, there's no tea party planned this week, that I was just playing around with photos again.

He said he knew I'd tell him what he needed to know when he needed to know it. Ha!

What I really need, I've decided, is a professional stylist who can arrange these things for me and a professional photographer who can tell me what lighting and camera settings to use. (Or I could read my camera manual, and we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon.)

Until then, my dining room table is out of service!

15 comments:

  1. How beautiful! So pretty all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love seeing all those teacups together! So pretty. I think you are doing pretty well with the photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing collection of teacups! I notice one from the Biltmore. Your photos look great to me. Could a professional stylist do any better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've done a fine job of displaying your teacups on the dining room table Angela - it's all about getting the right angle along with correct lighting isn't it? Two things I struggle with as well. A friend who has done photography all her life and is very knowledgeable is coming for tea this morning - I need to find out why some of my macro shots of flowers are blurry.
    Your husband's reaction to so many cups spread out makes me think I should try this (with my small collection) just to scare my hubby! LOL What a devious plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos - every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collection! Put a mirror behind the table and they will go on forever, that would be a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!! Dare I ask the total number of teacups, including sets, in your collection? Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea cup heaven! Love all your cups. You have your husband trained well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous collection!!! I really like your 1st and 2nd shots the best. And, would make beautiful notecards or postcards, too! I love your husband's remark upon seeing the table! ~ Donna E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can you have a favorite with so many beautiful teacups? Great photo - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your photos, Angela - such beautiful tea cups!
    Pretty hard to pick a favorite. I agree with Donna`s comments, your photos would make gorgeous note cards! Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!