Friday, June 12, 2015

Bamboo Spa Tea Tree Face Wipes

It's been a while since I've come across any new cosmetic products associated with tea. I happened to be in the checkout line at T. J. Maxx one afternoon when I spotted these Bamboo Spa Tea Tree Face Wipes. I'd heard of similar face wipes that purport to remove all traces of makeup, but I was skeptical.

I peeled back the package and found what looked like, well, ordinary baby wipes. Very small baby wipes. Ha! I thought. No way will these work! But I decided I needed to try them before trashing them, and I must tell you, I was impressed. One little face wipe removed all my makeup and mascara, and it was covered in both when I was finished. (Not that I try to look like a lady of the evening or anything. You know what I'm sayin'!) Just to be sure, I got a clean wipe and went over my face again to see how much I'd missed, and the second wipe was clean!

Since these wipes have "tea tree" in the name, I don't want to confuse anyone, because the tea tree and Camellia Sinensis, the tea plant, are two different things. The tea tree, as I understand it, is a small Australian plant that is sometimes used to make tea but mainly valued for its antiseptic properties. What I liked about the wipes is that they do indeed contain Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, and I am happy to have found them. In fact, I've got a road trip coming up, and I'm going to pack a few of these in a plastic baggie to avoid having to take a bottle of facial wash. These 30 wipes for $2.99 were a nice little bargain and a fun discovery!

6 comments:

  1. Cool! Those will be especially handy for traveling. Glad to know they work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great find by Angela! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like these. I recently learned tea tree oil is good for many things, including toenail fungus. I can imagine these wipes would be an excellent addition to the toiletry items, especially for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad these worked as advertised. They will be great for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We travelled Europe and a friend gave me a pack of this product I love it and now I'm searching where I can buy one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!