Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Copco Basket Tea Infuser


A few months ago, I saw a new line of Copco tea infusers on Amazon.com that I wanted to try, but not enough to place an order and pay shipping. I've been looking for them at my usual sources (T.J. Maxx, Marshall's, Ross), and I didn't find them there but I did find several new styles of infuser and infuser mug at Walmart. This basket tea infuser sells for $6.88.

This infuser has quite a clever design. First, you spoon your tea into the stainless steel basket.

Then, you simply pop the bright green lid back in place. Here's what it looks like standing upright.

The steel infuser goes into your teacup for steeping, and when done ...

... just turn it over and the lid becomes a "saucer" to catch any drippings from your infusion of tea. This really couldn't be any easier to use, and I'm quite happy with this new design of infuser.

10 comments:

  1. Angela, this is going to be a real Gumbyhead question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Are you able to pour the water through the pretty spring green lid? From the photos, it doesn't look as if you can which leads me to think you just placed the basket into your cup. (Not what I would choose to do but then my tea knowledge is the size of a tea leaf!)
    Thanks for sharing another tea trinket with us! B-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB, you are correct that water doesn't pour through the lid, you just place the basket in your teacup and the water enters the basket that way. (By the way, I was a HUGE Gumby fan as a little girl, so I found that comment particularly humorous! And hey, there are NO Gumbyhead questions here, so ask away!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the design and color of that infuser. The teacup you used is lovely with its beautiful script.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soon going to be back in the office, and I'm looking for ways to make tea there. This seems like a nice design - and I'm glad the infuser is stainless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the same item at my Kroger today for 9.99 !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever and cute, what more could you ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is cute. However, I had the opposite problem - BIG pot, small infusers, so I found a BIG infuser - Swissgold's largest. Love everything but the price. I do love your dodads. I am so jealous of you planning your garden - we're going to move, so none this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found these several months ago at Walmart but did not purchase any, went back and they were gone. Glad to see they've restocked and glad to know they work well, Thanks Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review. It's always nice when an infuser works as directed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is clever! Thank you so much for sharing this. I will have to look into getting one myself. I am glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!