Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easy Living indeed


Pop quiz: I bought this issue of the British magazine Easy Living because ...

A) I'm an Elizabeth Hurley fan.
B) I was dying to read that article on The Best Jeans For Every Body Shape.
C) I wanted the free tea towel.

Of course the answer is C, and I must say I love how British magazines often include a "gift with purchase" right in the bag. I've purchased a handful of these magazines over the years and gained a purse, a tote bag, a disposable camera, a datebook and a few other goodies. The tea towel, though, was calling my name when I saw this at Publix the other day. It's the November issue, but then I'm used to seeing British mags hit the newsstands here a month or two after the cover date. I just love this tea towel, which I was pleased to find is as strong and sturdy as any I've ever owned!

The tea towel is even signed, which is nice from a collector's point of view, but I have no idea what this says. Do any of you? Happily, the magazine itself -- which sells for $4.99 -- was quite enjoyable to read. I especially liked one very lovely ad for a company called Clipper Teas which has one of the coolest tea websites I've seen in ages. (You will want to register to win their goodie bag just as I did, but alas, we're not eligible. But check out their tea packaging. I love the graphics!) At any rate, I definitely feel I got my money's worth from Easy Living magazine -- and a great free gift to boot!

6 comments:

  1. Fun tea towel!! Sorry, I have missed your blog the past few days due to some sort of cyber glich. I love the new look and enjoyed reading the last several posts. Interesting.... I just looked at my tea bookshelf last night and concluded my tea books would make a great weekly blogging series. Oh my, our tea minds work very often work in the same ways! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely look for that Easy Living magazine when I shop this week.

    Thanks for the link to the Clipper Tea website. I loved the graphics on their new packaging and could easily imagine them worked into some kind of paper crafts project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the british woman's magazines and actually suscribe to some, including Easy Living. I did receive that same towel and it is really nice. The british mags are certainly more expensive but have so much more content. I think they put ours to shame! Try comparing our Good Housekeeping to theirs....and the british Country Living is just beautiful every month. Guess I'd better stop here, I'm thinking I made my point-LOL.

    Love your "new" blog and look forward to reading it everyday. I appreciate all you write about. It can't be easy coming up with such wonderful topics day after day so thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll for sure be on the look out for this magazine now & in the future. Thanks Ang for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For $4.99 you definitely got your money's worth. There are magazine out there now for $14.95, which is hard to want to buy. Love the tea towel too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling what a lovely dress your blog is wearing this fine day, love the hat too (header) very pretty indeed. I just noticed that I am not among your followers, so I changed that. I do hope you had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year and that 2010 turns out to be the best year of your life, followed by many more. Thanks for all your visits and sweet comments.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!