Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A purse full of tea!

My friend Kathy in Savannah was so apologetic when we met a few days before Christmas. She had failed to locate a too-well-hidden gift of mine and would have to mail it instead. Frankly, I am always pleased to get gifts *after* Christmas because it makes the celebration last even longer. One look and I knew that whatever was in this tiny little cardboard purse, I was going to enjoy it! And I love the little crocheted flower detail!

Even the back of this little container has teacups on it. Sweet!

But inside was an even sweeter treat: teas, sugars and delicious candies from the Hale Tea Company in Richmond Hill near Savannah. I've now had all three teas and must say I enjoyed them all: Black Tea with Raspberry, Rooibos Rising Sun and Rooibos Pina Colada. Are any of you familiar with Hale Tea Company and their offerings? If so, I'd love to hear what you recommend!

15 comments:

  1. I've just recently heard of Hail Tea company. I made a stop (junkin') on my way home from St Simons a few months back. The store owner of the shop I stopped in told me of them, but honestly I had completely forgotten to look them up when I returned home. Thanks for the reminder.
    Sweet, sweet gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,
    I whole heartedly agree with you about stretching out the holiday! We live away from family. So if a birthday present for one of my kids is late, I just tell them, "You get to celebrate your birthday longer!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really sweet little purse box. I've never tried Hale Tea, but now I can look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of them, but thanks for the review.

    I just visited Nancy Lindimeyer's blog and there was your comment. Aren't you so excited she will share tea each month? I can't wait to hear what she has to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Angela,
    Yum-yum! I have never heard of this candy before but would like to try it. Do they have a catalogue? Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat suprise! I love that gift bag, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never heard of them, but it looks like they have a lot of great options.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Angela for the link on the fans! No i have never heard of Hale Tea company ,but man that sure is a way cute gift, and sounds tastey too!!! tammyp

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Tea stationary on the Hale link
    is cute !

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sweet little gift bag was a gift in itself! I'm not familiar with Hale Tea -- just another opportunity for the fun of tea learning to continue. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute gift. I've never heard of Hale Tea Company, but I'm off to look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never had any of the Hale Teas or even heard of them, but I think the little purse is delightful.

    Susan B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you liked it! Of course, it just hailed me from across the room... or is that "Haled?" LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!