Friday, January 8, 2010

The Teavana Perfect Teamaker

This Perfect Teamaker with the Teavana logo was a thoughtful and welcome Christmas gift from my newlywed step-daughter and her husband in Wisconsin. These are the gadgets you simply place on top of your teacup or mug, and with just a slight bit of pressure from sitting on the cup, the tea magically steeps through, filtered by a very fine mesh sieve. Teamaking doesn't get any easier than this! I've worn out two of these already and had to toss them, so I was quite pleased to get a brand spanking new one, especially since I collect teawares with tea company logos on them.

The gift bag tells me this gift came by way of the Atrium Tea Room in Sheboygan Falls. My husband and I made a quick meet-the-family visit to Sheboygan before the wedding last fall, so next time we head up north for a visit I will look forward to visiting this tea room in person.

The gift also included a nice package of Peach Oolong tea, which I've been steeping in the new teamaker ever since I received it. It's a lovely oolong with just a hint of peach, and I like that the flavor doesn't overpower the tea itself. Have any of you used a teamaker like this Teavana one, and if so what did you think of it?

10 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed using my Ingenuitea by Adagio Teas teamaker. It looks basically the same, except it is totally clear with the name in white on the front. Yours looks like the filter may be better - is it a metal mesh?

    The Atrium Tea Room looks nice. I've never been to a tea room that is inside a furniture store. Gives credence to your tea room/thrift shop idea, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool teamaker- I've never seen this before. You KNOW I'll be looking for one on Teavana website.
    (Good seeing you yesterday, too- yes, let's do tea & call Mareen so we cn finally meet:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wondered how well these work after seeing them in catalogs and shops - thanks for sharing your experience. I'll put this on my tea wish list! BTW - I'm having a tea giveaway on my blog this week . . . stop by if you'd like to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two of these, both made by different manufactures, one is Tevana, I can't remember the other one, but I LOVE them. They are especially handy when you want 'just a glass' of iced tea. Simply steep your tea double strong, fill a big glass FULL of ice, and when your tea is finished steeping set the teamaker atop your glass and, viola instant single glass of iced tea. This was really handy for me when I was doing tea tastings because often people wanted to try a new variety iced, and this way I could happily accomodate, and not have to make a whole pitcher of iced tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an ingenuiTea one as well as a non name version some one passed on to me... anything that keeps my hands clean & is easy to use is welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of them and I love it. I also have another that is squattier by someone else that I also love. Teavana also makes one in 32 oz, whcih would be great for iced tea for 2, I would think.Such a cinch! I find it is best to dump out the leaves fairly soon. If not and it retains a smell, I find covering the moist bottom with baking soda & a bit of water and lettting it sit works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not used one. I keep thinking about carrying a teamaker or travel mug on my website. I will check them out at the tea expo this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one of those teamakers, too, and it's perfect when I don't want an entire pot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not used one of these but I look at the Ingenuitea by Adagio Teas every time I go to the grocery store. I'm waiting for them to drop the price, they've sold them for about a year and I don't think anyone has purchased one. Cooks Illustrated magazine did a review of these type of tea makers last year (I think). I think the Ingenuitea by Adagio Teas won. But I can't remember what other brands they tested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen anything like this before and I think it's exactly what I have been looking for! THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!