Thursday, September 17, 2009

Teatime embroidery


Lots of blogs I've been reading lately have featured pretty embroidery projects, so it was really just a matter of time before I did one myself. Recently I came across some lovely teapot iron-on transfers from Lace Tales, and I stitched this one on a flour sack towel I had been meaning to embellish.

The sample I saw in the store had a simple feather stitch design on the corner, so that's what I stitched around mine as well. Not a bad result for only two evenings of stitching, I thought!

There are eight more teapots included in the package of transfers I purchased. If you want to see more, go to Lacetales.com.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work! Are there no limits to your talents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Angela! I love it, love it, love it! Thanks for sharing, tea & embroidery are my favorite topics!
    I love the feather stitch, looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very-very nice! Great job! What a pretty quilt block that would make.
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Good job. I like just the red color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! I'm impressed that it only took you 2 evenings. You must be a quick stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand how this is done but I like the design a lot. I'd love to have kitchen towels or tea towels with this kind of teapot pattern on them. --Spirituality of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your embroidered towel - the lily of the valley design is very pretty. Nice work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and I the Teatime embroidery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!