Friday, September 11, 2009

A "Mighty" fine new tea mug


The good folks at Mighty Leaf have been sending me envelopes containing samples of their new teas for quite a while now, but yesterday there arrived a *box* from Mighty Leaf. Inside? This clever new Tea Top Brew Mug. "You never have to over-infuse your tea again when you're on the go," says the press release.

And what a great idea this is! You fold the tag on the teabag in half to thread it through the slit/opening on the lid, and the little "hump" in this photo shows the unique design that permits you to pull the teabag up to rest in the lid once it's finished infusing. I tried this mug last night and absolutely loved it! I wondered if the weight of the infused teabag might cause it to slip back down into the tea, but it stayed perfectly in place in the lid. And the double-walled stainless steel mug kept the tea quite hot.

But even before I tried the mug, I read my husband the best part of the Mighty Leaf press release: "If you like it, then I will offer an extra Tea Top Brew Mug for you to give away to a lucky reader of your blog." (Hubby: "You like it already, don't you?" Me: "Yes!" He knows how much I love to give things to my blog friends!) And if I didn't like it you know I'd say so, because I've certainly reviewed plenty of dud products before. So I now have a great new tea mug to use, and as soon as Mighty Leaf sends the giveaway mug I'll let you know!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Can't wait for the giveaway, have a nice weekend Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of these, too! And I do like it, tho I wish it was closeable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me with your tea finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one, whether I win it or not! Where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynda, Hold on 'til tomorrow and you just might win it! But if not ...

    http://www.mightyleaf.com/New-Seasonal-Mighty-Leaf-Tea/Tea-Top-Brew-Mug/#Tea-Top-Brew-Mug

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm personally not taken by accessories that are designed for use with tea bags. But I like this just because it's made for tea. Anything that goes with the growing tea culture here in America is a good product. --Spirituality of Tea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!