Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mug shots


Back before Christmas, I included a Harney & Sons logo mug in my tea order, but I hadn't realized what a whopper of a mug this is! I don't normally drink 11 ounces of tea at a time, but I certainly can now that I have this mug. It was just $6, which is certainly a fair price, and since Harney is one of my favorite tea vendors I wanted this mug for my small collection. It *is* a collection if you have more than two of something, right?

Here are two more tea logo mugs, from Twinings (from the shop in London) and Yorkshire Gold (purchased at a British goods shop, whose name I can't remember, in the Atlanta area). These can usually be found in my tea cabinet in the kitchen holding various spoon infusers and teaspoons.

I also have mugs from Upton Tea and American Classic Tea from the Charleston Tea Plantation owned by Bigelow. I've seen a vintage Lipton tea mug on eBay featuring the man in the white cap sipping tea, but I have a feeling I'll come across that in an antique mall someday. Do you know of any more tea logo mugs I should be looking for?

7 comments:

  1. That's a nice collection. I like the Yorkshire Gold tea too. As for other tea logo mugs, Republic of Tea has a nice one with a lid and infuser included. Stash Tea has a nice white logo desk and commuter mug. I believe Tetley Tea also has a nice deep blue mug with a gold logo.

    Here's a thought; how about a tea candle collection. Bigelow has a great green tea candle that comes in an enamelware canister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo, what a great idea Angela! I have the Yorkshire mug already....I sense a tea mug collection in my future! (And I'm now having one of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" moments.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A green tea candle! Oh boy, ParTea Lady, I'm headed to Bigelow's web site NOW! Thanks!

    And Denise, collecting tea mugs is fine as long as you continue doing your magnificent job of keeping us informed of tea goodies across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a lovely set of mugs as a Christmas gift. I need to show them off soon. Will do. This looks like a great collection to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's your take on Fortnum and Mason? I hear on tea blogs they are highly desired?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love that Harney & Son's mug and have been wanting to order one myself- I think now's the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janeen, I am a *huge* fan of Fortnum and Mason! I first enjoyed their teas on a trip to London several years ago (in their beautifully appointed tea room), and now I order them from the Internet when I don't have traveling friends bring them back for me! I am such a groupie I even subscribe to the (very classy) F&M Magazine, and my "dream gift" is an F&M Tea Hamper! (I may just have to buy one for myself someday!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!