Thursday, November 8, 2007

A sweet deal on sugar tongs


Ever since I set up that "tea bar" on my desk at the office, I've been meaning to add some inexpensive sugar tongs since my poor co-workers have been forced to dig out sugar cubes with a teaspoon. I've got some nice vintage tongs I use at home, but I just wasn't willing to invest much money in something that may very well get buried under a pile of magazines and proof pages when deadline time rolls around and my desk falls into disarray.

On Monday, I was at Lenox with my friend Liz killing time between events. She wanted to go in Crate & Barrel if I didn't mind. And hey, I'll shop anywhere, plus it dawned on me they might have some teawares. They did, but it was mostly the modern, white and glass type of teawares that are fine for the young hipster, but not really my taste.

She was looking at coffee mugs when I started browsing the bins of cheapie gadgets. And there they were! The perfect office sugar tongs! They're just 4 inches long, a simple scallop shape, and as Bob Barker used to say, the price was right. Office problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!