Monday, November 19, 2007

My Teacups: The Glamour Shot


The Christmas Traditions dinner at my friend Ashly's church on Saturday night was as beautiful as always, and I enjoyed it even more than usual because my friend Kathy was the guest speaker this year. And since we had a little interest in the event on this blog, I thought I'd post some photos. See how pretty my old Johnson Brothers dishes look with Ashly's silver chargers, organza ribbon, crystal and flatware? I wouldn't have ever thought of trying to dress these up, but I think the result is absolutely gorgeous.

Here's a close-up of my own place setting.


And I also snapped a few shots of some other tables that caught my eye, like this one with what appear to be green Tiara (or some type of sandwich glass) plates and teacups and saucers ...


And this striking table outfitted in Ruby Red (this hostess gets the award for Fanciest Napkin Fold of the night) ...


And this pretty, very traditional Christmas decor, which looks like a table setting I might recreate using my Spoke Christmas tree wares. I got a lovely treat bag for coming to the dinner, but the real treat is always seeing the great table settings so lovingly created each year to kick off the holidays. Let them begin!

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhh nice eye candy. Thank you for taking pictures of this event, Angela. I love tablescapes. It gives me inspiration to try new ideas on my own table. Unfortunabely, now I have to go shopping for these different dishes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead and pick up TWO of everything, would you? Then we can both try some new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful photos. They look like they were straight out of the pages of Southern Living. You have some very talented ladies at your church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Each table is so gorgous, so unique just like the hostesses. Thank you for sharing the photos. Do you have more? If so, please post them. Having it before December sure gets ya in the mood for all the blessed holidays ahead. I've been to church sponsored teas before with all the beautiful tables, but never a Christmas one. Again, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see place card holders on the Ruby Red table. I'm pretty sure they're the same as I bought last year at WalMart. Actually they are, at least mine are, frame ornaments for the tree. I bought them to use as place card holders but haven't figured out how to stand them up. Did you happen to notice how that was accomplished? The only thing I can think of is if I find some very small wire easles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More, more, more. More pictures please :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. RE the Ruby Red placecard holders: I enlarged the photo on my computer at work (the nice, huge, Mac monitor), and you're right: these are frames, and they are displayed in those tiny little clear plastic easels like you see at home decor stores. Great idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These tables are just breathtakingly gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh... i really like that
    pink and silver vignette!lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!