Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Adagio Tea's Holiday Sampler


Last week I ordered the Holiday Sampler from Adagio Teas (adagio.com), and two days later I had new teas to try just in time for Thanksgiving guests. (Actually, they are "post-Thanksgiving guests," since I'll be at my sweet sister's house tomorrow and won't be entertaining 'til Friday.) The teas are Candy Apple, Candy Cane, Chestnut, Cranberry, Gingerbread and Pumpkin Spice, and all for $11, which is a great price for these little tins of tea.

First, I just have to say that I continue to be impressed by the speedy service from Adagio, Harney, Upton and other tea vendors. I placed my Adagio order on Thursday and had it in hand by Saturday. I actually never planned on having it in time for Thanksgiving, but a nice courtesy e-mail informed me the package was on its way the day I ordered. And for just $3.75 shipping. That's only slightly more than a gallon of gas!

So far, I've sampled half of the six teas. The Candy Apple and Cranberry were OK, but just OK. (Harney's Cranberry Autumn is my gold standard when it comes to cranberry teas.) But the Candy Cane tea? Now THAT'S another story! Ohhh, this tea is good! It's not a plain old peppermint tea, definitely not. You know that soft, taffy-like peppermint candy Brach's has at Christmas, the wrapped candies with the Christmas tree design in the middle? When I first bite into a piece of it I get a hint of buttery richness along with the peppermint, and that's the taste I get with this thoroughly delicious tea. I also ordered a copy of Adagio's guide to tea, and after I've read the book I'll try to post a review of that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!