Friday, August 30, 2019

A tale of two teapot … covers

I like to think I'm a pretty observant gal, but tea friend Margie wrote the other day and pointed out that the same teapot is on the cover of the current issues of both Tea Time and Victoria. Did y'all notice that? I didn't. (But hey, at least it's a pretty teapot!)

One of the surprises in the new Tea Time was the discovery that this teapot is by Sadler. Why a surprise? Because I think it looks so very much like …

This Wood and Sons teapot I have. With the ribbed base and the stripes of gold on the rim, handle, and spout, I just knew it was a relative of my teapot, which I received as a gift a few years ago, but apparently not. (And I am aware that companies borrowed styles and patterns, so there's that.) It's always fun to see how shapes and styles of teapots have changed over the years.

Something else that caught my eye in Tea Time: While I have never collected salt cellars, I've often admired them in antique stores and thought what a pretty (and affordable!) collection they would make. I'd never thought of serving lemon curd or jam in them, but what a cute idea!



8 comments:

  1. Love the salt cellar idea. A new item to collect? Maybe. I have to zero in on small things now. Running out of room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those exact salt cellars! A dear tea friend gave them to me years ago.

    GREAT observation - I actually had to look very closely to even notice those were the same teapot. They look so totally different in their photo stylings.

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a nice observation on Margie's part. I don't have any salt cellars either, cute as they are. I do once in a while serve lemon curd or jam in my wee votive candle holders that I never seem to use for candles. Enjoy the holiday weekend! Joy to you...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful teapots! I do have some salt cellars, and often use them for little candies in whatever my color scheme might be. Mine aren't big enough to hold enough lemon curd for me, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Oui yogurt dishes would be nice for lemon curd or cream, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The autumn covers of magazines are my favorites of the whole year. That salt cellar looks great as a lemon curd dish! I will have to be on the lookout for cute ones now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The salt cellar idea is a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I hadn't noticed the same teapot, but that makes sense since they are published by the same company. Salt cellars would be a good idea for jam and cream for sure. My grandfather's china, which I have, has little individual butter dishes. Now trying to think how I could use them for tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!