Monday, August 26, 2019

More adventures in thrifting … and thrif-tea-ness!

On Saturday, Aunt Jane and I hit up two thrift stores, the Blake House and Goodwill in Carrollton. I didn't find anything I wanted at Goodwill, but the Blake House Thrift Store was a winner. This pretty vintage cutlery holder caught my eye.

 I think the china painting on these old pieces is just so lovely. I did wonder why it was marked "8," though, as I knew it wouldn't cost nearly that much, as I've never paid more than $4 for anything in the store. Maybe it was pricing left over from an estate sale or garage sale?

And when I turned it around, can you believe the monogram I found?


I think it's safe to say this is one of my best thrift store finds of the year so far!

It can happily hold the teaspoons the next time I serve a buffet-style tea!

And in other frugal tea news, Dollar Tree has these two-for-a-dollar calendar sets where you buy the large calendar and get a mini as well.

Now the quality is exactly what you'd expect—which is to say, flimsy and cheap—but I like these small, lightweight calendars to hang on the side of the refrigerator with a sturdy magnet.

And I was happy that my birthday month had a pretty image. If any of you are planning fall or winter teas, it struck me that these might make nice favors or tuck-ins for a bag of goodies, so I just wanted to post an alert so that all the tea lovers can get to them first!


8 comments:

  1. Morning Angela,
    I adore the cutlery holder. It's so graceful, and extra special with your initials. The little tea calendars are nice surprise!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never know what that cutlery holder was; glad I know now. How perfect for you to have your initials on it. It must have truly been meant to be yours. The price is amazing! Love the calendars too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Angela,
    Thanks for the 'heads up' on the calendars. Also your heart teaspoons are lovely, can you tell me the pattern name?
    Janet P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet! Don't know the pattern name, but I got those teaspoons at Biltmore Estate a few years back. The acorns are supposed to symbolize the Vanderbilt crest. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. So cute, thank you! The cutlery hold was meant to be. I want to shop with you and your Aunt Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find. It was made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing that you found that vintage cutlery holder with your initials on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might not mind a flimsy paper for the refrigerator too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!