Friday, August 9, 2019

A teatime idea from France? Say Oui!

I've been eating a lot more yogurt over the past year. My favorite is the Ingles store brand of mango-flavored nonfat Greek yogurt, but since we don't have an Ingles in my town and I can only go there when I visit my dad, I'm often without access to my favorite yogurt. I've been trying some other mango-flavored yogurts, but they just don't measure up, so I've branched out to try other flavors. This week, Kroger had a sale on some "French-style yogurt" called Oui Petites, and I thought I'd give them a try.

Call it love at first bite! I got the one that's chocolate with shavings, and oh my, is it good! Regular yogurt is often boring to me, but this French-style yogurt? Yum! And just 140 calories.

But the reason I wanted to write about this yogurt is that I had no idea these came in such adorable little glass jars! They remind me of baby food jars for grown-ups, with no lids to screw on, just a nice "lip" that makes this something I wouldn't be opposed to using for craft storage (buttons and sewing notions come to mind), and then I realized: I have been wanting more tiny glass wares for teatime treats, and now I know where to find them!

Years ago, I got a cute set of mini dessert glasses at Ross, but there are only eight of them (I used six for the tea party here and served raspberry and white chocolate mini trifles). If I want to make a cute treat for, say, Thanksgiving, that's not nearly enough. But if I treat myself to some Oui yogurt every now and again, I can have a nice stash in no time. And interestingly enough, I already had a Pinterest board featuring desserts in glasses, but I'm even more excited about it now. (It's here, if you happen to be on Pinterest and want to follow my board.)

And Oui also has its own suggestions for how to reuse the glasses their delicious yogurt comes in. I learned that this yogurt has been around for a couple of years now, so once again, I'm a little late to the party. Are any of you fans of Oui yogurt?

6 comments:

  1. These are such charming wee pots. I don't think we have these in Canada, but we do have a similar type from another company and they make plastic lids that fit the pots exactly - and I believe that Oui has these as well - the jars with these plastic lids are great in a spice cabinet or (as you suggest) for craft items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this yogurt!!! Luckily, our local Walmart carries it in about a half dozen flavors! I'm in love with the peach flavor. Great idea for using the jars...I have a whole bunch of them...Just couldn't put them in the recycling because they were so cute, but also didn't know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea for using "Oui" glass pots! (And I just "followed" your "Desserts in a Glass" Pinterest page, which looks like fun.) Now maybe I'll buy some Oui the next time my grocery has it on sale. (I had tried it once, and found it rather boring, but now that I have a use for the jars, I'll give it another shot.) I love yogurt and eat it every day. I usually just buy the store brand of plain Greek yogurt, and add my own jam or lemon curd to it at home. But my favorite is the key lime flavor of the Icelandic Provisions brand of yogurt. It has an interesting texture and is not too sweet, with a great lime taste. But it costs twice as much as my regular yogurt, so I only buy it when it's on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioning your fave, Vernona. I will have to look for that one as a sometime splurge. And if I can just find a good mango jam, I will do like you and add it to plain Greek yogurt myself!

      Delete
  4. We enjoy Oui yogurt. If you have an instant pot, the larger glass jars are great for making knock off Starbucks eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm! That yogurt sounds delicious. Love the little jars too and I love finding other uses for jars like this. I do the same with those red checked lidded jam jars.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!