Wednesday, August 14, 2019

"The Power of Tea and A Good Book"

Recently, I got an offer in the mail asking me to go online and rate a magazine I subscribe to in order to instantly receive a $5 Amazon e-gift card. Sure, I thought! I had been shopping for tea-themed stamps on Amazon, so a stamp set with the designs above is what I purchased with $2.89 of that gift. Based on the shipping time, it must be coming from somewhere overseas, which always makes me a little nervous, but a) it was free and b) the one review said it was a cute product and"delivery good." So fingers crossed, and after it arrives, I'll be sure to show you what I end up making.

I love several things about this design, though, and I'm sure you know it's not the coffee. That stack of books with the teacup on it looks lovely, and I so believe that sentiment, "Never underestimate the power of tea and a good book." Yesterday, I had lunch with a friend from my (online) book club, and we had so much fun talking about the books we're reading. Our club's book two months ago was I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson, about a young Welsh girl who enters a contest where the prize is to get to meet David Cassidy (especially fun if, like me, you were a teen in the seventies). Last month, we read the wildly popular Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Now I have a long history of not particularly enjoying the national best sellers, so I was pleasantly surprised when I liked this one. Her descriptions of nature, especially, were just so beautifully written, and it made me want to go camping near a marsh. (No one else in the group wanted to go visit the marsh. I may take my reading a bit too seriously.)

Perhaps it's because of my great fondness for tea, but I absolutely love the combination of tea and a good book, and when I'm reading a book, a cup of tea is very often close by. Is that true for you?


6 comments:

  1. A good book or a good blog post, a cup of tea is always nearby when I'm reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspected I wasn't alone in this regard. Thanks, Mel!

      Delete
  2. There is always a cup of tea near...no matter what I'm doing. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite quotes on tea and reading is by the famous author C.S. Lewis: "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." That saying particularly fits me since I love long 19th-century novels. I have a t-shirt and a tote bag with that quote along with an pretty illustration of a tea cup and a stack of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Books, blogs and tea make a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Often in the mornings I have a book or the newspaper as I sip my tea. Yes, a good combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!