Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Harney's Peach Fresh Brew Iced Tea

Well, that was fun! With a recent order from Harney & Sons, I received a sample bag of their Peach Fresh Brew Iced Tea. I'd been saving it to try sometime when I was in the mood for a new iced tea, and that time was this week.

The instructions said to boil two cups of water, pour it over the teabag, steep for 15 minutes, add 6 cups of cold water, and then remove the bag and squeeze it. I'm sure that would be a good way to try it, but I was curious to see whether this tea would work as a cold-brewed tea. And it was! I filled this small tea pitcher with water, let the tea bag steep in the fridge all afternoon, and voila, an absolutely delicious, peachy-fresh iced tea, and now I can't wait to order more!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! I'll have to see if that's available in a decaf version, it sounds delicious and EASY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try your cold brew method. Do you think it would work as sun tea too? Sounds refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, it might work that way, but I've seen a number of websites in recent years saying not to brew tea in the sun for various health reasons, so you might want to Google that and see what you think. (I can't remember right offhand whether I was particularly concerned about it or not; I simply remember that it was "a thing" that tea people were talking about in cyberspace!)

      Delete
    2. Yep, cold brew is the way to go. Sun tea doesn’t kill the bacteria. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I recently received a packet of their Pomegranate Oolong fresh brew iced tea. It was very good too. Love Harney teas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fun! I love the pitcher too! I am drinking H&S Decaf Vanilla Comorow at this very moment. ;)
    Have a peachy day Angela! ;)
    ~Heather Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!