Friday, August 17, 2018

TeaVivre's Fuding Shou Mei White Tea Cake 2013

This week I realized I hadn't yet sampled TeaVivre's Fuding Shou Mei White Tea Cake 2013, and since I was in the mood to try a new tea, I decided to see what a white tea cake looked and tasted like. 

 I quickly figured out that it looked like this, so I broke off a bit and steeped it.

Copper-colored in the cup, this tea had an earthy, brisk taste, with only a little astringency, and I liked it very much as a delicious change from all the iced tea I've been sipping this summer! (Click here to see the white tea cakes currently available from TeaVivre.)

4 comments:

  1. This tea has an interesting name, and I was glad to see how it looked. And I love your teacup choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea doesn't look very appealing right out of the pouch, but it IS quite pretty in the cup! I, too, like your choice of cup. My first china tea set as a child was Blue Willow. This was in the 1950's, but I still have most of the pieces, so Blue Willow is dear to my heart.
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the title of the post I was expecting a flavored tea. The cake is much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!