Monday, December 19, 2016

How to have a (turquoise) blue Christmas

I seem to be adding to the Christmas decorations day by day this year, and I thought some of you might enjoy seeing a few more of the "teatime" touches I've worked in, so I'll be sharing a few more this week. The teapot ornament hanging on the bride's basket above was a *perfect* fit for this turquoise vignette, and it was one I was delighted to receive from Margie in California last year.

The butterflies on the ornament are the perfect shade of turquoise, and the ornie reads, "When in doubt, make tea." Good advice, always!

And just to show you that I do occasionally follow through with the things I *say* I'm going to do on this blog, here is the bride's basket full of mini-ornaments that I was inspired to gather after reading an article in that Christmas issue of Flea Market Décor. I didn't want to decorate the living room and dining room entirely in turquoise this year, so the turquoise is confined to this little table in our foyer, but I've enjoyed having a splash of turquoise to enjoy.

I found a beaded turquoise tree at Marshalls, I believe, several years ago, but it's a little too new for my tastes, so I accessorized it by adding right on top this tacky/gaudy/lovable (choose one) rhinestone Christmas tree I found at an antique mall years ago.

Now these stars are some pieces I found at Target the year I first got into decorating with turquoise, and they are pretty, but they are lethal. In fact, I started to toss them this year, but the glitter looks so pretty with the other stuff, I decided they get to stay for another year.

And last but not least, there's the dollar store nativity that remains one of the most meaningful gifts I've ever received. If you haven't read the story behind it, it's here.


5 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty! I love all the different turquoise things you've found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall the story you told of that Nativity set. Such a special reminder of what Christmas is truly about. The love Jesus teaches us about. Merry Christmas to you and your family Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the turquoise and had been using it myself with purple the last few years but switched to red and silver this year for a change. The teapot ornament is sweet and does match perfectly.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love turquoise and have some in my Christmas decor too. I never tire of it. Your wedding basket with the teapot is perfect to showcase this luscious colour. Thanks for sharing your pretties and Merry Christmas, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the nativity story. Thank you for sharing your beautiful decor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!