Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The mystery plant in my teacup planter

Have you started planting your teacup planters this year? I got a gift in the form of this pretty lavender plant that mysteriously started blooming in an old dilapidated pot on my deck last week. I had planted a few herbs in it last year, then just left the pot with the potting soil in it out on the deck all winter.

When I saw this lovely surprise, I knew immediately it needed to go into one of my teacup planters. A free plant is always welcome, especially when it's this lovely!

I have absolutely no idea what this is. Do any of you gardener friends? I'd love to learn the identity of this little beauty if anyone knows. So, what's in your teacup planters this spring, friends?

14 comments:

  1. I think it is a Forget Me Not, but I am not sure. It's beautiful, love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, yes, that is apparently it since I just did an image search for forget-me-nots. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are forget-me-nots. Beautiful little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are forget-me-nots. Beautiful little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got the plant identified as forget-me-nots, they also come in pink. One of my US blogger friends sent me pink seeds in the fall.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are "Forget Me Knots" Alaska's state flower. Such a tiny flower for our largest states! They grow like crazy here in Northeast Ohio. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. For sure forget-me-nots. They are abundant in my garden and I love them. I always think of Tasha Tudor when I see them as she had a whole carpet of them under the trees in her garden. Can you believe it, but I don't have a big teacup planter. I have a couple of small one, one empty right now and the other with a very unique geranium in it that I am babying for my daughter. The geranium has a small purple blossom and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a gardener, but I know something pretty when I see it! And, this one is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! What a smart idea! I had a friend send my flowers in an oversized tea cup a couple of years ago--I hung on to it (of course) but have never been sure what to do with it. Now I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gift from God, those lovely flowers. How divine, truly. What a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely free gift. And very funny that it's a forget-me-not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forget me nots! They are blooming in my garden right now. Yours are beautiful in your teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both wild ones and cultivated. In Norwegian we say "Forglem meg ei"... "Forget me not" in English

    From a Norwegian Granny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty flowers and a nice surprise at that, Enjoy! Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!