Friday, April 19, 2013

Teavivre's Mengku Palace Ripened Golden Buds Puerh

A wonderful woodsy scent greeted me when I opened my latest sample packet of tea from Teavivre.

This is Teavivre's Mengku Palace Ripened Golden Buds Puerh, which contains "tea buds and leaves of Yunnan Mengku large-leaf tea trees."

I am usually nervous when I prepare a cup of puerh, fearing that the deep, dark color means the taste is going to be strong enough to trot a mouse, as the Brits say. But indeed, no, this was quite a smooth-tasting puerh, no astringency, and I drank cups and cups of it. Pairs wonderfully well with brownies, too! (If you're into that sort of thing, that is.)

1 comment:

  1. This tea does sound totally delicious and one I would love. I know what you mean about Puerh, but I am finding more and more Puerh's from Yunnan province to be quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!