Thursday, April 11, 2013

More samples from Two Leaves and a Bud

Finally I got around to sampling the last of my tea samples from Two Leaves and a Bud, and I so enjoyed them I wanted to share the results, especially one that was a real surprise to me!

First, the one I rather expected to like least, the Gen Mai Cha, a tea made with toasted rice, was just delightful! While I've tasted and tolerated this type of tea before, I really enjoyed this one, and will seek it out again. I got the "roasted popcorn" type of flavor I remember from previous samplings from another vendor, but this one's taste was just so much more enjoyable. It was a different tea experience, and I do like to shake things up a bit!

The Tropical Goji blend was, as I expected, a nice, fruity smelling and tasting tea. It was a great "snack" tea.

And finally, this Tamayokucha tea had a fresh, woodsy scent in the bag and a fresh, slightly vegetal taste which I very much enjoyed. Again, lower steeping times with green teas have totally revolutionized how I feel about them. You too, perhaps?

3 comments:

  1. What fun you have getting to taste all types of teas. It makes it fun for the rest of us just getting to share in your experiences! Thank you Angela- ps come visit me again- I've got a new blog going. Hope to here from you soon- miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low steeping times and not letting your water hard boil - bring just to a boil, otherwise green and white (delicate tea leaves) will scorch and burn.

    That makes a huge difference.

    I have to try these teas, though my favs are black and strong, these have such health properties to them.

    As always, thank you for your recommendations and expertise, Angela.

    Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like nice teas. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!