Friday, July 31, 2026
Which tea is in the Southern Living Food Hall of Fame?
The new issue of Southern Living has an intriguing list they call “The Southern Food Hall Of Fame: 50 Iconic Foods And Drinks Chosen By Readers.”
I was pleased to see that Luzianne Tea made the list, but I was quite surprised to learn that this was the only tea on the list. (No Milo’s Famous Sweet Tea from Alabama?)
Other surprises: Dr Pepper (from Texas) did not make the list, but North Carolina’s Cheerwine did. And Atlanta’s Coca-Cola, the most famous soft drink in the world? Not on there. (I drink maybe two sodas a year and don’t really have a dog in this fight, but I’m stunned Coke didn’t make the list!) I was, however, tickled to see all of my favorites that did make the list, including Duke’s Mayonnaise, Tabasco Sauce, Ro-Tel, Jimmy Dean Sausage, MoonPies, Lance Peanut Butter Crackers (I once met a member of the Lance family!), and Little Debbie snack cakes. I’m betting you don’t even have to be from the South to appreciate this list (click here to view it for yourself). Did any of your favorites make it on there? Are any of them missing? I’d love to know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Coca Cola should be there! But they didn’t ask me…
ReplyDeleteI often wonder about these favorite lists when obvious items are omitted. I do enjoy a Cheerwine occasionally. Glass bottles taste better than cans.
ReplyDeleteThank you! my sticker book arrived in yesterday's mail. I was having trouble figuring out how to access the stickers. I went back and reread your original description and was able to figure it out.
ReplyDeleteI was partiularly glad to see Moon Pies and Little Debbie Snack Cakes on that list, since I loved those as a child. My two sisters and I on a road trip last October made a special stop at the Little Debbie Park and shop in Collegedale, Tennessee, (near Chattanooga) where the snack cakes are made--that was lots of fun!
ReplyDelete