Wednesday, July 1, 2026
A most unusual tea ingredient
Now hear me out, because I fear some of you are going to have a come-apart when you hear the name of this tea. It looks like many a black tea I've featured on this blog over the years, except for one notable addition. I'm betting you've spotted it already …
And if you guessed "coffee beans," you would be correct!
I found this unusual Roasted Coffee Puerh Tea blend at the Spice & Tea Exchange in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, over the weekend, and while I just knew it would be dreadful, I had to get a bag of it to convince myself it was as awful as it sounded. I didn't brew it there at the cabin, but I was nosy enough to open it there and take a sniff. "Mm!" I held it up to my friend Gina. "What does this smell like to you?" She took a sniff and said just what I was thinking: "Chocolate!" Once I got back to Georgia and settled in at home, I made a cup of this tea, and I was shocked by how tasty it was. I do not detect the coffee flavor at all. It doesn't have the earthy taste I usually find in puerh (and I like puerh), but instead, it tasted like a rich black dessert coffee, with a natural sweetness and no sugar added. I am just stunned that coffee could be added to tea and taste this good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I’d be surprised, too. Since I don’t like coffee, I probably wouldn’t have even tried this one - but I’m glad you are enjoying it.
ReplyDeletePutting coffee beans into a tea blend sounds pretty weird! You were brave to try it. Thank you for buying it and reviewing it, so we don't have to!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoyed the tea. I've seen this in another Spice & Tea Exchange and wondered how it tasted. I like browsing that store when I come across one on vacation.
ReplyDelete