Monday, July 27, 2026
My first (and maybe last!) teacup shaker card
At the Stamping and Scrapbooking Expo the other week, I was inspired to get some dies so that I could make a teacup shaker card. These are called shaker cards because you insert beads and sequins behind a sheet of plastic, and the recipient, if so inclined, can shake the card and watch the pretty doodads rattle around. I started working on this at a craft retreat over the weekend, finished the card yesterday, and was actually pretty pleased with my first attempt. (It is going to my niece Amelia.)
I enjoyed selecting the sequins and beads to use. I have a big box of beads and buttons that I once used when working on a crazy quilt, but I haven't touched them in ages, so it felt very thrifty to use up some of these items I already had on hand. That said, it took way longer than I thought it would to make this card. If you add up the hours I spent sorting beads, figuring out how to assemble the teacup, cutting out the frame, etc., I'm betting I have five hours in this card, which is ridiculous! My more experienced crafting friends could no doubt knock out several of these in an hour, but … I'm still a card-making amateur.
No quibble with the maker of the dies, though! The Brass & Bliss pieces cut out cleanly every time, and I was very happy with them. I just may not use them to make shaker cards very often!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Beautiful card! I have not had much success making shaker cards but I do admire them.
ReplyDelete