Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The creamer I was supposed to find


October is a sentimental month for me. I love fall, and October has so many wonderful moments each year, but October will also forever be the month in which my beloved mother passed away five years ago. I wondered if I would ever get to the point where it will be "just another month," but then I heard a friend in Sunday School mention that she was missing her mother, remembering when she passed away twenty years ago, and I thought, "No, I guess not." A few years before her death, my mom surprised me with a lovely pink rose Fitz and Floyd teapot and sugar bowl she'd found at a garage sale, and she laughed and said, "You'll have to find the creamer yourself." And last week, while I was in Goodwill with Aunt Jane, I did.


It needs a good soak in some mild detergent, and it's got a few chips, which normally might keep me from buying it, but not this time. And the $1.31 price meant I didn't have to think twice.

A friend suggested I touch up the chipped parts with pink nail polish, and that's just what I plan to do!  (Somehow, I think Mama would be pleased.)

And next spring, when it's time to pull out the pink tea wares again, the Fitz and Floyd family will be complete. Look for it!



12 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! I love that you found the creamer, and especially love that your mother had given you the teapot and sugar bowl. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling set! Your mom was looking over you. I need to shop with you and your Aunt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very special Angela, you had one special Mom! Pink and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so glad you found the creamer. God works in wonderful ways. Your Mom is surely smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very happy for you that you found the matching rose creamer to go with the teapot and sugar bowl that your mama gave you. And it was so meaningful that you found it in October, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely, Angela,thanks for sharing. I think you'll always have that heart pull at that time of year, but also always have these special little connections in your life. 37 years for me, it's the way it is. Have a great day - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet to have wonderful memories of your Mother. Great find! Another thing that works is to touch up chipped areas with acrylic paint and then clear nail polish to get the heavy shine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you found the creamer! That rose design reminds me of a vintage wall pocket I have. I think it might be by McCoy. I'm going to have to go look at it now.

    No, you never get over missing your mom I'm afraid. Mine has been gone for 19 years come Christmas, and I still miss her. Having gifts given in love will always keep our moms close by though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! So happy you found it. BTW nail polish works great for things like that. I just repaired dings on my car with nail polish. My auto repair shop recommended it. Now why hadn't I thought of that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!