Monday, October 15, 2018

A fall visit to Gibbs Gardens in Ball Ground, Georgia


Over the weekend, my friend Lynn and I went to Gibbs Gardens in Ball Ground, Georgia. I think I’m the last person in my neck of the woods to pay a visit, as everybody I know seems to have been raving about the place for years, but Lynn had a guest pass and invited me to go with her on Saturday, and what a gorgeous feast for the senses this was!

At my house, the plants have largely given up for the year. Not these!


Gibbs Gardens is so well laid out, and on Saturday, they had a live band playing in the midst of the gardens, so we ordered lunch at the Arbor Café and enjoyed the music. Lynn recommended their Tarragon Chicken Salad, so I got a sandwich and tea for lunch. (And the chunky chicken salad was terrific!)


Did y’all know that Gold Peak makes a Lemonade Tea? I did not, and for a bottled tea, this one was pretty good! Lynn liked her Sweet Tea as well.


It was a fabulous way to welcome fall, and I’m happy that now I know what all the well-deserved praise was about. Here are a few more photos of the day. Enjoy!














7 comments:

  1. I have not visited Gibbs Gardens yet but I hear it's a beautiful place,and your photos certainly support that. I also have not tried Gold Peak tea, but it is served at a local restaurant and my friend Pam said it was quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gardens are beautiful and how nice you got to visit. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gardens. Love the sound of that sandwich too. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are beautiful gardens! Your wonderful photographs really make me want to visit them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!