Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New tea and new tea goals

One of my goals for the new year is to drink more green tea, and that was made easier when my friend Susan gave me two tins of green tea for  Christmas. These teas are both by Brew la la Tea, a company whose name made me smile!

Happily, the teas did too. First I tried the Organic Chamomile Lemon Green Tea, which had a bright, sunny lemon taste. It wasn't a mouth-puckering lemony taste at all, and this wasn't a grassy-tasting green tea, so that was nice. Perhaps it was "softened" by the chamomile, but at any rate, I very much enjoyed this tea.

Blueberry teas can veer off into "tart berry" territory sometimes, but this Organic Blueberry Green Tea did not and made a wonderful evening cup of tea. So I'm off to a good start with my drink-more-green-tea goal for the year.

And you'll notice that I like to talk about "goals" and not "resolutions." I've never been very good at keeping resolutions, but I am actually pretty good at reaching goals, especially if I write them down. So you want to know what my tea goals are for the year? They're very simple (some of you may laugh), but with the busy life I've had this past year, if I accomplish all of these, I'll be quite satisfied. They are:

• Drink more green tea. (I'm aiming to "drink green" at least every other day.)

• Visit at least two new tearooms. (There aren't very many in my area of Georgia anymore, so this will involve some planning.)

• Host a tea for a friend or friends at least quarterly. (I miss doing this and am going to make it a priority item for 2017.)

So there you go! Do you have resolutions and/or goals for the new year? If so, do you have any "tea goals" you can share? I'd love to hear them!

11 comments:

  1. I like your goals! Hope to meet up with you again sometime this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals. I think I will copy them. Well, maybe not the green tea. Guess I'd better order my next Murder Mystery Tea party, and call the girls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will reach your goals! I hope to visit a few tearooms again this year -- "tea with friends"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! My tea goal for 2017 is to use up some of my stash before purchasing any new teas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot of good resolutions. Enjoy your tea. I know green Tea is good and healthy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. My tea goal last year was to drink what I had. That is almost complete so maybe this year will be to try new teas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in 2017. I am not a fan of green tea so maybe I should follow your example. If you are ever in NOLA let me know and I can help with your tearoom resolution! Also, I am determined to learn how to make decent scones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxine, my husband was born in New Orleans, and we've been talking about planning a visit, so I will take you up on that offer when we do!

      Delete
  8. I sort of avoid green tea, but the one with blueberries is intriguing. My grandson would love it. Whenever I travel I search out new tearoom experiences. I have two in mind for May in Arizona. I also have two tea parties on the agenda, one in May for my women's group, then I am donating one during the summer for a fund raiser for Portland's first Tea Fest. Probably both will be done in our greenhouse. Happy New Year! Oh and no resolutions, just a word for the year and then plans to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great Tea goals, Angela. I know you can accomplish them, and I look forward to hearing about your results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your comment about goals vs. resolutions. I do indeed, have goals for 2017, and with God's help will do my best to achieve them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!