Friday, April 3, 2009

Happiness is some new tea fabric!


Maybe all crafters are this way, but my approach to crafts is seasonal. I work on afghans and anything requiring thick, heavy yarn in the cold weather months. When the weather turns warmer I turn to crocheting with thread instead of yarn, and in recent years, to making fabric yo-yos and small quilted or appliqued blocks. Searching online, I found three new tea-themed designs I just love at Hancock's of Paducah. This print is called Timeless Treasures Tea Pots Sage. Don't you love that it even has tea infusers and sugar cubes on it!

There are also some coordinating fabrics, including Timeless Treasures Tea Cups Hanging (which is bluer than my photo shows) ...

and Timeless Treasures Tea Types Writing. I haven't decided if these will be used for quilts or things like potholders, but I do know I'm now well-stocked for sewing this spring. Have you fellow crafters come across any new tea-themed fabrics lately? If so, please share!

4 comments:

  1. I love your new fabric finds. They would be great sewn into a vintage style bib apron.

    It was a lot of fun visiting the massive Hancock's store in Paducah back in 2000. I don't know if they still have that retail store, but I plan to check out the website right now. Thanks, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH, DARN! I just placed an order from HoP for a jelly roll (they're having a great "precut sale") and I didn't see this! :-) I love the text print - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top print is my favorite and I would love to see a beautiful kitchen apron from it. The one in the middle would be perfect for dish towels & the last print I would love for some cute Pajama bottoms! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great prints! Thanks for sharing - and I'm totally a seasonal crafter as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!