Friday, April 10, 2020

Happy Easter, friends!


I love Easter! In fact, because Christians get to celebrate the resurrection on Easter Sunday, I like Easter much better than Christmas. Last year, when I woke on Christmas Day, my husband laughed when I told him my first thought was, "HE IS RISEN INDEED!" And then I thought, "Oops. Wrong holiday. Got ahead of myself there." At any rate, I thought you might enjoy seeing a vintage Easter teapot card I found on eBay a while back.

And today is Good Friday, an unusually contemplative one in my book. I hear lots of friends saying they are using this unexpected downtime to think about what's really important in life, and I've done some of that too. I've been immensely grateful that I've had the Lord to call on during this coronavirus pandemic, and my husband and I have made a point of regularly naming our blessings throughout this situation. (Including the fact that we haven't wanted to kill each other—yet. Ha!)

So friends, I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you all and wishing you a blessed Easter weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and Alex! So glad you're both well and safe during this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Angela,
    One of my blessings during this time is bloggers like you who have remained faithful in their writings. Thank you so much and have a glorious Easter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin's wife posted these words today and I could not agree more: "During this Holy Week, I can’t think of anything more holy than sacrificing our traditions to save the health and lives of our neighbors." Our Good Friday and Easter observances are very different this year but the underlying message is unchanging, and I'm so thankful. Happy Easter to you and Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cute card with the teapot, chick, and Spring flowers. Happy Easter to everyone reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for such a lovely blog. The teapot card is beautiful. Wishing you and yours a Blessed,Joyous and Happy Easter. God Bless.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter to you and Alex.
    Donna z

    ReplyDelete
  7. He has risen indeed. happy easter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!