Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Daffodils and teacups

I'm way overdue for pulling out one of my favorite spring teacups, this cheerful design from Royal Ardalt that features daffodils and iris, which happen to be what is blooming at my house right now.

Flowers have definitely been on my mind this week, as I was inspired to cut some of the mini daffodils growing out front. I'd never cut any of them to display inside before, and when I did, I was delighted to find they have a lovely light floral scent. My husband said they smelled very "clean," which I think is his way of saying they don't smell overly perfumey. I even plopped some in a little glass vase on the kitchen windowsill.

They're a charming addition to the house, and I love that even when they go the way of all the earth, I will *always* have a flower garden waiting in my teacups. I used this one to sip some Timothy's Green Tea Orange Jasmine, and the light floral taste was the perfect blend for this cup. I've been drinking a lot of unflavored green tea lately, and I'm about ready to shake things up and search for some new floral blends. If you know of a good one, please share!




7 comments:

  1. Your mini-daffodils are so cute in their little vase! And it's an extra treat that they have that pleasant, light scent. Your unusual teacup has an abundance of flowers on it, and I especially like the fact that it has a flower design on the inside, too. I'm not very big on DRINKING floral teas, but I do like floral teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,so very pretty...the teacup as well as the daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mini daffodils are pretty. Love the tea cup too. I have daffodils and irises planted near each other unf they are never in bloom at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! do you know what variety the mini daffodils are? the idea of the scent is very appealing...most daffodils aren't known for a pleasant scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I transplanted them from my dad's house, and I'm afraid he's not one who cares much about the names of things. (But hey, at 81, he's still great at growing them, so I can't complain!)

      Delete
  5. Pretty tea cup, pretty daffodils. I have a bouquet of lilac on my windowsill. They are ever so sweet! Happy May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I see daffodils on teacups I think of my mother. When I was young she decided I should collect teacups, so she bought me my first on with daffodils. I loved it for awhile and then got rid of it as I wasn't collecting teacups. Oh how I wish I had that teacup now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!