Monday, August 27, 2018

"My Energy Tea" from My Organic Tea in Victoria, Australia

So I was at a HomeGoods store over the weekend when I came across a new herbal tea with packaging so interesting, I had to bring it home with me to check it out.


The store had several blends for sale, and I got the "My Energy Tea" blend, which contains sencha green tea, lemongrass, Siberian ginseng, yerba mate, rosebuds and petals, and lime.


I was a bit concerned about the clear packaging, since tea experts often tell us to be sure tea is stored in a dark place. While I've rarely seen tea sold in plastic, the label says this packaging is recyclable, BPA-free, and nontoxic. I saw the "Open" tab on the lid and realized it would be secure until I got home and broke the tab off, which was a good thing.

All these pretty rose petals are another reason I wanted this tea, and when I steeped it, I was surprised (and pleased) that the tea wasn't overly perfumey at all. Instead, the citrusy notes are what I tasted most, and while I can't say the caffeine gave me a noticeable dose of energy, I loved the flavor and am delighted with this new herbal tea blend. Now that I've tried it hot, I think I'll make a pitcher in the fridge and give the iced tea version a try.

So, have you tried any new teas lately?

6 comments:

  1. The packaging is indeed interesting. I'm glad to know the tea was tasty. I haven't tried much new, since I’m supposed to “limit caffeine” these days, but I have been enjoying a peach herbal tea by Bigelow. I'll try more hot varieties as the weather cools down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tea leaves! And is that an antique pink lusterware teacup I see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can it be a herbal when it has sencha green tea in it? Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The package is unique. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS a very pretty tea, with its rose petals. A "new to me" tea that I've recently tried for the first time is Twinings Lady Grey Decaffeinated Black Tea. I don't normally drink decaf tea, but a friend of mine really liked it, so I gave it a try, and I REALLY like it. It has a nice citrus-y flavor and tastes like "real" tea, not decaf.--from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!