Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #20 - Cheesy Shrimp Salad

Like shrimp? Like cheese? Then I have just the tea sandwich for you this week! I looked online for a sandwich spread recipe that used chopped shrimp and cheddar cheese. When I couldn't find one, I decided to make one up myself and I was unusually happy with the result!

I made tea sandwiches using some tasty Oatmeal Bread I found at Kroger, but I also think this recipe would be good served "by the scoop" or on a bed of lettuce. Enjoy!




Cheesy Shrimp Salad


10-12 large shrimp, cooked and chopped in food processor (about 2/3 cup chopped)
2 tablespoons diced onion
2 tablespoons diced celery
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
Dash of coarse salt
2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise

In small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except mayonnaise and combine well. Add just enough mayonnaise to make the ingredients hold together. Yields about 1 cup of shrimp salad.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!