Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #20 - Cheesy Shrimp Salad

Like shrimp? Like cheese? Then I have just the tea sandwich for you this week! I looked online for a sandwich spread recipe that used chopped shrimp and cheddar cheese. When I couldn't find one, I decided to make one up myself and I was unusually happy with the result!

I made tea sandwiches using some tasty Oatmeal Bread I found at Kroger, but I also think this recipe would be good served "by the scoop" or on a bed of lettuce. Enjoy!




Cheesy Shrimp Salad


10-12 large shrimp, cooked and chopped in food processor (about 2/3 cup chopped)
2 tablespoons diced onion
2 tablespoons diced celery
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
Dash of coarse salt
2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise

In small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except mayonnaise and combine well. Add just enough mayonnaise to make the ingredients hold together. Yields about 1 cup of shrimp salad.

11 comments:

  1. Your cheesy shrimp salad sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shrimp salad and cheese. This is a unique combination. BTW, your pretty plate makes a nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sandwiches all look very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cheese and shrimp sandwiches sound yummy! Nice presentation too. Thank you for stopping by, it's always lovely to 'meet' another tea lover. Enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great. And I like how the final product has interesting colors and texture peaking through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Angela, these look delicious! Love the photos too - I will be trying this recipe.
    Have a great weekend, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious and so easy to make. Have some shrimp in freezer and will give it a go this week. Thanks for the recipe!

    I have a similar plate that was my Mom's that was always used for birthday cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious and your sandwiches are so beautifully cut! I don't eat shellfish so I wonder how your recipe would taste if you would replace the shrimp with salmon...

    If you're interested in tea, by the way, feel free to check out my blog. I have a tea-related Give Away running until today!

    Blessings,
    This Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, yummy! These look delicious! I'm lurving your Saturday posts!! And I know I have been absent from visiting your blog these past few weeks but my kids are nearly done with school so that means that I am nearly done with school! ha ha

    My sister and I stayed up all night to watch all the pre wedding stuff on TV and then watched everything from start to finish 2 more times! ha ha We drank tea, RedBulls, etc. you name it! ha ha I had 4 hours sleep and then had to get to church to decorate my royal tea themed table for my women's church tea event but it was worth it! It took a couple of days to catch up on my sleep after that reminding me of the days when my children were newborns! Zzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. The word "shrimp" caught my eye as well as the pretty plate ! Dainty finger sandwich !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!