Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Iced tea season arrives

Now that we've had a few days at or in the nineties, I've been drinking lots of pitchers of iced tea.

And in a rather thrifty frame of mind, it occurred to me I could use up some of those "Christmas gift teas" I often seem to let go to waste by making iced tea with them. Last year, I received a cute tower of teas, but I sampled just a few of them and put the plastic bin in a cabinet so it wouldn't contribute to kitchen clutter. Naturally, I soon forgot about these teas until I came across them the other day.

In addition to being a great way to use up gift teas, I am enjoying trying a greater-than-usual variety of iced teas. I cold-brew mine by placing the contents of one box (eight teabags) in the pitcher of water and then leaving it to steep overnight, and I have found that even the Orange Spice flavor makes a great iced tea! Do any of you ever receive tea gifts like these sets? If so, I highly recommend using some of them to make this season's iced tea!

8 comments:

  1. Great idea Angela. I do love drinking iced tea in this warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny because I always feel like I am "cheating" my hot tea when I ice it....but I do it anyway! HA! I recently bought a black tea called peaches and flowers...oh oh oh so good iced! Tevana has a strawberry tea that I just drool over iced as well. HAve a great day! Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pitcher and glass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous glassware - the roses remind me of tole painting. Thanks for the thrifty tea reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela,

    Thank you for the wonderful ice tea idea! I just adore your glass pitcher - so beautiful. If it ever stops raining here maybe we will hit 80 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pitcher and glass. Yes, I use up gift teas (or teas I purchase and don't like hot) as iced teas. I just finished using up a herbal tea blend yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You realize June is National Iced Tea Month, right? So, you're right on time. :)

    I love your idea for using up miscellaneous teas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vilken helt underbar kanna du använder till iste. Länge sedan jag gjorde iste. Du har rätt det är dags! Önskar dig en skön helg! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!