Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hello Kitty is a tea lover

Did you realize that the popular Hello Kitty character has been around since 1974? I didn't realize that until I was looking for a little background info on the Japanese company Sanrio's popular kitten character. She can be spotted everywhere from children's stationery and lunch boxes to rather extravagant wedding dresses!

I recently found her perched atop this 10-color pen. (I love pens almost as much as I love tea!)

Is this a teacup, perhaps?

This is definitely a tea tin, confirming that Hello Kitty is a tea lover just as I'd long suspected!

4 comments:

  1. My daughter has a digital alarm clock that is a teacup with hello kitty on top...yes, so so so cute!!! Who wouldn't LOVE tea?? have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kitty has always been a tea gal. I remember when she first came out years ago, and my girls were Hello Kitty fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started buying this when my daughter was 2 years old and saved it for a few years later. She is 34 years old and has her original doll, etc. It had a "revival" in recent years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!